SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder 2.23
Record streaming audio from your computer to either wav or mp3 formats
From: NCH Software
SoundTap lets you record just about any audio that plays through your Windows computer including streaming radio, VoIP calls and Instant Messaging conversations. Simply install this software, turn it on and then all sound played on or through the PC will be recorded as wav or mp3 files. All audio is 'tapped' by a virtual driver directly within the kernel so the process is perfect digital quality.
Typical application of this stream ripper are:
* Recording internet radio and other streaming audio.
* Recording of VoIP calls, softphones or instant messaging audio by companies for legal reasons.
* Converting audio recorded in 'proprietary' audio formats to wav or mp3. As long as you have a player, you can use this software to convert the file.
* Streaming audio conference recorder.
* Most media players can be recorded.
Sountaps features include:
* Records any sound you can play on your PC.
* Lets you listen as you record (optional).
* Records what is being input into the PC at the same time (optional). This is useful for recording voip calls.
* Saves files in wav or mp3 format with a wide range of selected codec and compression options.
* Recordings can be searched easily by date, time, duration or format.
* Directly links to the WavePad Sound Editor Software so you can edit the files you have recorded.
* Directly links to the Switch Mp3 File Converter Software so you can convert the files from mp3 to over 20 other file formats if you need it in another format.
* Directly links to the Express Burn CD Burner Software to record to CD.
* Very easy to install and use.
About NCH Software
NCH Software is a leader in audio, video, music, mp3, cd, dvd, telephony, dictation, transcription, business, and computer utility software for Windows, Palm, Pocket PC and Mac OS X. NCH has released over 80 products since 1993 and have received many awards for software excellence.
Changes on the new version:
Vista driver support